Este artículo también está disponible en: Español
Experience in top-ranked publications in the U.S. and Latin America
- Expansión (Mexico): Editor-in-Chief at Mexico’s leading business magazine.
- The Associated Press (Latin America): Deputy Sports Editor for Latin America. Previously, editor at the World Spanish Desk.
- Daily News (New York): Wrote about Latino life, culture and politics. See stories here and at the Daily News’ website.
- The Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ): Beat reporter covering the city of Elizabeth. See stories.
- Gatopardo (Mexico): Managing editor at this narrative journalism magazine.
- Diarios y Noticias (Buenos Aires): National and metro reporter at this wire service. See stories.
- Clarín (Buenos Aires): Police and general assignment intern. See stories.
- El Mercurio (Chile): News features from New York for Sunday magazine. See stories here and on El Mercurio’s website.
- Published long-form narratives on acclaimed Peruvian mag Etiqueta Negra; on Mexico’s Expansión; and on Argentina’s Brando, on the ten-year anniversary of the ”Yosemite murders.”
Strong academic background
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, MS, honors graduate, 2003.
- New York University, Latin American Studies, MA, 2007.
Multimedia reporting and editing skills
- Developed and published NY·DF, a multimedia roadtrip blog about Latinos and the 2008 presidential election, including podcasts, text, photos and an interactive map, publishing from the car as we drove across the U.S.
- Edited the Feet in Two Worlds immigration news project. Appeared on New York public radio as a guest on several occasions:
- Produces features for public radio.
- Shoots and edits audio slideshows:
- Video production. (See more):
- News photography, including photos published by The A.P. and the Daily News.
On tango dances in New York:
On the history of the Dominican community in New York: